LCB

LCB

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Is it PEBCAK or PEBKAC?

I survived day number one! Woo! So today, on my excellent adventure (lol), I got a large stack of books and a case of knives lol. If you've stumbled upon this and are wondering what the heck is going on, I am Karly. And this is my excellent adventure. But seriously, I am chef in training. Today was my first day at Le Cordon Bleu of Sacramento, where my instructor Chef Ted did a very good job in keeping us entertained. There are 24 students in my class. And only about 8 of those are girls. I am the youngest but that doesn't seem to be a problem (unless you count constantly being made fun of by the head chef a problem). It turns out, mine is the only name he can remember so far because he likes to use the phrase "were all adults here. .." in which he uses his hand to shun me from that generalization. He also said the line, and I quote, "Are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse? I am." And I'm curious as to how exactly he's prepared. Chef Ted used to be a tech guy but got bored of doing the same thing over and over again and dealing with PEBKAC's which stands for "Problems Existing Between Keyboard And Chair (or Chair And Keyboard, I wasn't sure). If you didn't get what that meant it means that the computer wasn't the problem, the operator was. (You had to be there). So as Chef Ted was going through the syllabus he explained our fire exist strategy. He then continued to explain that if the doorway was the place on fire the two biggest guys in the class would be throwing a large mixer through the window haha. Speaking of fires, he also explained that if we needed to use the restroom to let him know because if that fire did happen he wouldn't know where we were. Except he decided to use the example, "if Karly went to the bathroom without telling me and there was a fire, she would just burn up in that stall." And I'm like, "gee, thanks." Interesting fact of the day, when forks were first invented people found them offensive. People thought that any food they had could be eaten with their hands and if you pierced it with a fork you offended God. Pretty random right? Anywho, had a good night, well now it's morning, I might post a few things tomorrow that my sleep lacking brain missed.

1 comment:

  1. So Chef Ted got tired of dealing with ID-ten-T's (IDIOT's)and decided to follow his heart and passion for the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete