LCB

LCB

Friday, July 29, 2011

Best Night So Far

Tonight was fantastic! We had a really short servesafe chapter, and then we got to do all the prep work since Chef's finger is still hurt. So we learned about grilling and frying tonight. For the frying portion we all cleaned and deveined five shrimp, dipped them in batter and dropped them into the deep fryer. DELICIOUS! Also, for the grilling part, we each got to grill our own five ounce piece of salmon. So we practiced making the diamond grill marks on both sides of the salmon. Then, one of my table buddies (Eric), asked Chef if his was cooked properly and Chef told him it was a little overdone. And then Chef looked at mine and said it was perfect! Voila! So I perfectly grilled a salmon, it's all about the guesswork lol. As a bonus, the baking and pastry class brought in these orange glazed crossaint type things and eclairs! The eclairs were sooooo good. Another bonus, I was on dishes tonight but everyone basically did their own, so I didn't have to do any. AND I got a 25/25 on the last quiz AND a 72/75 on my knife skills! BAM! I must be a natural :). So I got to eat deep fried shrimp, perfectly cooked salmon, eclairs and pastries, didn't have to do dishes and am getting an A in a class where the curriculum is written so that the average person gets a C? Sounds like a perfect night to me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment