LCB

LCB

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Say Po-tay-toe You Say Po-tot-toe

So tonight was better, I was still a bit frazzled from my usual lack of caffeine. We made a total of five dishes tonight. Polenta, Wheatbeans with Pecans and Poblano, Duchesse Potatoes, Anna Potato and Potato Gratin D. (some fancy french word I can't remember). Basically, Polenta=yellow grits. Wheatbeans=I'm not really sure because I've never eaten anything quite like it. The original recipe was really bland though so Chef had us add some chili powder and cumin. The Duchesse potatoes were basically mashed potatoes we added egg yolk and clarified butter and piped them through pastry bags to look like this: Duchesse Potatoes. And then toasted them in the oven so they crisped up a little on the outside. The Anna Potatoes were like a complete waste of time because it was honestly just potatoes toasted in butter. The Potato Gratin was good though, I brought some home :) yum. Anywho, if any of you guys are reading these thinking these things I'm describing sound delicious, hit me up and I can hook you up with a recipe. Most of them are pretty easy to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment