LCB

LCB

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. I may or may not die within the next six weeks. My new Chef is very OCD and VERY confusing. Half the time he's all buddy buddy and cracking jokes. And the other half the time he's strictly serious. So I'm like "haha that's a funny joke Chef- oh crap, yes sir, I am doing my stuff." And then he's all yelling at us that we should be "cleaning not leaning" and everything was clean, so I'm not sure what I was supposed to do, clean stuff that's already been cleaned? To be fair, I have to give him a full week before I completely write him off because I didn't really like Chef Robert at first, I thought he was all disorganized and flighty. But then he turned out to be super cool and laid back. And now I'm being trained by this strict OCD dude and I don't know how to handle it haha. And I'm pretty unhappy that 2 + 2 doesn't always equal four in the cooking world. In Chef Ted's class he told us a hot stock has to go with a cold rue and vice versa, and in Chef Robert's class he said it didn't matter, that he had done hot roux and hot stock for twenty years and didn't see a difference. And now, back in Chef Cory's class, he said it HAD to be a HOT stock and a COLD roux and vice versa. And I'm like, can't all Chef's agree on the basic principles?

No comments:

Post a Comment